Professional certificate nº 764.
António Coimbra de Carvalho holds a degree in Dental Medicine from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Coimbra (1991).
He completed a master’s degree in Endodontics from the International University of Catalonia (Barcelona) in 2009.
He has a Diploma of Advanced Studies of the Doctoral Program in “Clinical and Laboratory Techniques in Dental Medicine” from the International University of Catalonia (Barcelona), 2009.
General practice with preferential area Prosthetic Rehabilitation and Geriatric Dental Medicine.
- From August 1991 to December 2001, Sta. Joana Dental Clinic, performing general dental medicine with a workload of 40 hours per week.
- Since 1999, he has held the position of Clinical and Medical Director at Jardim dos Arcos Dental Clinic. Jardim dos Arcos Dental Clinic is located in Oeiras, and boasts 6 items of equipment, a digital Panoramic Radiograph with Cephalostat, RVG and electronic microscope.
- July 1991, Degree in Dental Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra. Registered with the Dental Association under the no. 764;
- Extraordinary member of the Portuguese Academy of Oral Medicine;
- January 20, 1995, Madrid, Practical Theoretical Course in Oral Implantology and Reconstructive Surgery (190 hours) taught by Prof. Manuel Chanavaz (Diploma awarded by the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lille II);
- 9 to 12 December 1995, in Lille, Intensive Course in Anatomy and Dissection of the Head and Neck taught by Prof. Jean Paul Franck and Prof. Manuel Chanavaz at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lille II;
- May 1997, London, 10-day program on “Diagnosis, Surgical and Prosthetic Aspects of Osseointegrated Implants” by Dr. Ashok Sethi;
- May 1998, in Lille, University Diploma in Occlusion and Functional Oral Rehabilitation taught by Prof. Pierre Dupas at the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Lille II;
- November 2000, Barcelona, “Course in Clinical Endodontics: from Theory to Practice”, 60 hours taught by Prof. Esteban Grau Aguadé, Prof. Carlos Canalda Sahli and Prof. José Pumarola Sune;
- 14 December 2001, in Lille, Postgraduate D’Occlusodontie Clinique (231 hours) taught by Prof. Pierre Dupas at the Faculty of Dentistry, University of Lille II;
- February 2002, in Lisbon, 260 hours of Academic and Clinical Program of POS (Progressive Orthodontic Seminars);
- 2 October 2004, in Porto, Medical Emergency Course and External Automatic Defibrillation (18 hours) given by GRECAR at the School of Health Sciences North;
- April 2009, conclusion of the 1st year of the Doctoral Course at the International University of Catalonia;
- 30 July 2009, Barcelona, Master in Endodontics by the International University of Catalonia (20072009). Defense of the Master’s thesis entitled: Comparison of the Bactericidal Efficacy of ENDOX with 5.25% Hypochlorite and with 1% Hypochlorite heated to 60º C. Laboratory work carried out at ICAT (Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology of the Faculty of Sciences of University of Lisbon), under the guidance of Prof. Ana Tenreiro, who served as support to obtain the Diploma of Advanced Studies (DEA).
Conferences, Seminars and other initiatives
- 25-26 October 1991, Madrid, Theoretical Practical Course in Rehabilitation with Bonded Ceramic Facing by Dr. Ronald Jordan, Dr. Robert Ibsen and Dr. David Ouellet
- 31May 1992, Lisbon, Theoretical / Practical Course in Periodontology taught by Dr Philip R. Greene;
- 5 to 7 December 1992, in Porto, Aesthetics Course in Fixed Prosthesis, during the Annual Congress of the Professional Association of Medical Dentists;
- 15 December 1992 in Lisbon – Scientific Session organized by the Portuguese Academy of Oral Medicine on the theme “Oral Cancer”, given by Dr. Tony Axel (Center for Oral Health Science, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden);
- 29 to 30 January 1993 in Madrid, Iberian Symposium ITI (International Team for Oral Implantology), organized by the Official College of Dentists and Stomatologists of the First Region;
- 13 to 15 May 1993 in Basel, ITI Symposium;
- 23 October 1993, in Porto, Basic Course in Prosthetic Rehabilitation of the Edentulous according to the principles of osteointegration AD MODUM BRANEMARK given by Dr. Carlos Aparicio Megallon;
- 14 February 1997, London, Course on Theoretical Aspects of Manipulation of the Simultaneous Maxillary Bone Implant Placement by Dr. Ashok Sethi
- 26 November 2004, in Seville, II ITI HispanoLuso Congress;
- 19 and 20 October, in Lisbon, Organizer of Conference on Implantology and Maxillofacial Surgery, taught by Prof. Manuel Chanavaz of the Department of Implantology and Maxillofacial Surgery of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lille II;
- November 2002, in Santiago de Compostela, Course of Operative Dentistry, taught by Prof. Jorge Perdigão;
- June 2006, Lisbon, Homotoxicology course,
- February 2006, in Barcelona, Course in Bonded Ceramic Restorations by Dr. Pascal Magne;
- December 2006, Madrid, Theoretical Practical Module of Transcortical Anesthesia “QuickSleeper 2”;
- February 2007, Porto, Theoretical Practical Course in Rotary Mechanical Instrumentation with the New Generation of Protaper Universal and Thermoplastic Shutter with the New Protaper Shutters, taught by Dr. Shimón Friedman DMD, Toronto, Canada,
- 10 May 2007, Paris, Theoretical Practical Module on Transcortic Anesthesia with “QuickSleeper 2”,
- 11 May 2007, Paris, Seminar on “Using NTItss in clinical practice”, organized by emotion,
- July 2007, conclusion of the Online course in Orofacial Pain
- September 2007, in Coimbra, participation in the 1st meeting of Endodontics organized by the endodontics section of the Portuguese Society of Stomatology and Dental Medicine;
- 1, 2 and 3 November 2007, participation in the XXVIII National Congress of the Spanish Association of Endodontics.
+ Info: Full CV.